With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly increase your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical expert do air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system running efficiently for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify potential problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical a call at 847-362-0262.