Which Ventilation System is Appropriate for Your Home?
There are two varieties of ventilation systems—heat recovery ventilation (HRV) and energy recovery ventilation (ERV).
While they’re each suited for new or refurbished energy-efficient homes, the kind you need hinges on your local climate. Homes in some areas, like the Midwest, can reap the benefits of both systems.
Find out more about the systems we offer. Or get in touch with us at 847-362-0262 for more information on which ventilation system is ideal for you.
Heat Recovery Ventilation
- Better for temperate climates.
- Exhausts air from your home and exchanges it with fresh air from the outdoors.
- Retains heat so you do not have to reheat the air from outside.
Energy Recovery Ventilation
- Better for warm or humid locations.
- Sends heat and excess moisture outside.
- Stabilizes humidity so you can use your air conditioning less.