As spring starts, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Libertyville? Particularly if your cooling equipment is up-to-date or was running good last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a TopTec expert can help spot minor issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine parts and complete a series of air conditioning performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into extensive problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and components:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with TopTec
Today is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our TopTec pros a shout at 847-362-0262 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.