As warmer weather rolls around, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Libertyville? Even if your cooling equipment is up-to-date or was operating good last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment inspected seasonally by a TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical technician can help spot minor troubles before they become major meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outside your home, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a professional to maintain delicate internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up in your unit can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create elevated energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling expenses and in the long-term, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps identify minor troubles before they turn into major, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine parts and carry out a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These in-depth processes often allow us to locate troubles before they become large problems that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is prepped to give worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is at risk for early failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should have an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and components:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Now with TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical
Today is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical pros a ring at 847-362-0262 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.