It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a host of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the most savings possible. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to inform you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a number of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical in Libertyville has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 847-362-0262.