As we get further in to November and the temperature starts to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter swiftly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a call at 847-362-0262 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t hesitate giving TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical in Libertyville a call at 847-362-0262. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.