In Libertyville you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace service
visit in the near future. At the very least, you could have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and influence your furnace’s performance. It could even create trouble with your furnace’s threshold switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some signs for you to look for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in an expert, like TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical, if you see any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem tired? Symptoms related to your blower could suggest a minor problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running noisily or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a blocked condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of issues. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical at 847-362-0262 when you need to setup repairs or annual maintenance.