During the cooler Libertyville months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical at 847-362-0262 or book an appointment with us online.