Having routine air conditioning service done at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Libertyville summertime, have the experts at TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical perform your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We suggest taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical today at 847-362-0262.