There’s no getting around the changing weather in Libertyville, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few easy ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures drop in Libertyville. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the team at TopTec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical a call at 847-362-0262 to start saving a little more today.